View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Seafoam Gaming!

You can see all of the reviews here without being a member, so don't worry about missing out! If you want to give me feedback or share your thoughts though, feel free to register!

Make sure to follow our rules at seafoam-gaming-rules-updated-4-11-2015-t6.html and have a nice day!

Super Monkey Ball iPod Touch/iPhone review
Fan of all games

Post Super Monkey Ball iPod Touch/iPhone review
Game: Super Monkey Ball
Platform: iPod Touch/iPhone
Price: $2.99
Score: 3/5

The Story:

Remember the good ole' Super Monkey Ball on the GameCube? Well now there's an iPod Touch/iPhone version. This one is a little bit trickier than the first one. But it is very entertaining.

The Good:

New levels: I'm glad that Sega didn't recycle levels from the original Super Monkey Ball. It made the game fun to play, and it was fun to try these new levels.

Same Monkeys: I'm glad that the original monkeys are back. Super Monkey Ball isn't complete without them. Especially Baby. Baby is my favorite.

The Bad:

Sensitive controls: To play the game, you have to tilt your iPod. The controls are so sensitive, which makes it really difficult to play. But difficulty is good, sometimes. The bad thing about the sensitive controls is that if you tilt too much, you will fall off the stage. I remember getting ticked off and shutting off my iPod because I fell off the level near the end of the stage.

No D-Pad: Some iPod Touch/iPhone games are better with the onscreen D-Pad. If Super Monkey Ball had a D-Pad, I might've found the game a little bit easier to play.

The Final Outcome:

Super Monkey Ball was a nice sight to see for the iPod Touch and iPhone. It's definately a game you should not play in a moving vehicle, since you could probably fall off the stage easier when you stop abruptly in a car. Nobody ever said Super Monkey Ball would be easy though. I prefer the console version to the iPod version, which is why I rated Super Monkey Ball a 3 out of 5. Thank you for reading this review by Luna1997.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:47 am