View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Seafoam Gaming!

You can see all of the reviews here without being a member, so don't worry about missing out! If you want to give me feedback or share your thoughts though, feel free to register!

Make sure to follow our rules at seafoam-gaming-rules-updated-4-11-2015-t6.html and have a nice day!

Decathlon 2012 review
Site Admin

Post Decathlon 2012 review
Yup, this is my first ever review, requested by a REAL developer. It took a while, but here we go..

Title: Decathlon 2012
System: Nintendo DSIware
Price: 4.99

The main game/story

There is no story here, but then again, it's a sports game, it doesn't need one. So let's get to basics, shall we? This is a retro-themed decathlon game made by the creators of the Rytmik series, and boy, does it show some bad signs... However, there are some REALLY good things in this game, that Cinemax should learn for their newer games.

Gameplay

In this game, you do a decathlon that consists of numerous events, such as running, throwing the discus, ETC. For the running events, they are all pretty much the same. Swipe back and forth CONSTANTLY on the touch screen, which gets really boring after a while. The only difference between these two events is the length.

Next up, is what I consider a "highlight" of this game: The throwing events. What's good? The stylus controls. They are almost top notch in this event and is really fun to play around with. The controls only respond when you want them to, which leads to some pretty frustrating situations if you don't hold it long enough. Sadly the long jump events tend to not be as good, which is a shame.

Now for the last part. There is really a practice mode, but all it does it let you get more high scores. It's mostly useless, but for a high-score geek like me it has some charm that really makes this game fun to play on breaks.

Pros:
Good high scores
Amazing stylus controls in the throwing events
Retro themed menus and music

Cons:
Running events are lackluster
Long jump events are poorly controlled
Not much to do after playing once
No local play

So in all, I give this a 5.5 out of 10. If you have lots of money and you are a high score nerd like me, buy this game, if not, stay away.

Thanks to Cinemax for letting me review this game with a free review code

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:29 pm