View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Seafoam Gaming!

You can see all of the reviews here without being a member, so don't worry about missing out! If you want to give me feedback or share your thoughts though, feel free to register!

Make sure to follow our rules at seafoam-gaming-rules-updated-4-11-2015-t6.html and have a nice day!

Rayman- Quick review
Site Admin

Post Rayman- Quick review
This is the first installment in quick reviews, where I review games that are short enough to be detailed in only a few ways. Enjoy!

Title: Rayman

Platform: GBC

The story about the game:
Intended as a 2D port of Rayman, this ended up becoming one of the best games on the GBC despite it's limitations.

The story of the game:
An evil man, named Mr. Dark, has kidnapped all of the toons in Rayman's world. Fairies called "tings" have appeared in front of Rayman, giving him help as he is the last hope for the world:

My opinion:
The original Rayman was considered one of the best games on the PS1, so how can a game from that system turn out good on a GBC?

It ended up being better, that's what!

You see, it's your standard platforming game, taking it's level music and themes from Rayman 2, which is a 3D game that also got GBC-ified (I'll do that one later). However, you have to watch for the toons, which are trapped in cages around the level. If you want to 100% the level, you have to save them all.

Sadly, there are no bosses, save for the final boss, but there should have been more in a game like this. Regardless, the fun levels will make you enjoy this game a lot, so that isn't a big problem.

Pros:
Great gameplay!
Great levels!
Cool Music
Interesting design and powerups
Time attack mode and challenge stages! (Hidden at the end)

Cons:
No Bosses
Rayman is a little slower than normal

So in all, I'm giving Rayman for the GBC a 8/10.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:37 pm