View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Seafoam Gaming!

You can see all of the reviews here without being a member, so don't worry about missing out! If you want to give me feedback or share your thoughts though, feel free to register!

Make sure to follow our rules at seafoam-gaming-rules-updated-4-11-2015-t6.html and have a nice day!

Muramasa The Demon Blade review
Fan of all games

Post Muramasa The Demon Blade review
System: Wii
ESRB Rating: Teen
Score: 9/10

Muramasa The Demon Blade is one of the most beautiful games I have ever bought for the Wii. The graphics look amazing, and can almost compete with the PS3 or Xbox 360's graphics. It is one of the best role playing games that is out for the Wii currently. And to top it off, it will take anybody a long time to beat the game. I have never seen a game so perfect. Of course, there is never going to be a game that is completely perfect. Muramasa, I must admit, was pretty close.

The Good:

Graphics: The graphics are wonderful, and very nice looking. The whole game reminds me of the old Sonic the Hedgehog, except with better graphics, and more fight scenes.

Sword Fighting: Speaking of fight scenes, you have 3 swords to choose from when you enter a fight scene. When a sword breaks, it is recommended that you change your blade. This idea made me feel great because that makes it so the people who mash on only one button to beat the entire game can't do that as effectively in this game. Fight scenes appear randomly, but they're pretty easy to complete once you've grasped the controls, which are easy.

Long Story: This game has a really long story, which is why I like it. The good thing is that I'll be playing this for a while. When I'm not trying to catch fish in Animal Crossing. :p

The Bad:

Only two characters: There's only two different characters that you can play as. One is a boy, and the other is a girl. Whichever one you choose has a different difficulty level. I wish that you could have at least been able to customize the characters more besides being able to make new swords.

Confusing story: The thing that threw me off while I was playing the game was the fact that all of the characters spoke Japanese, and they translated it in English in a box below the character. The speech being in Japanese did make the game cool, but the story just felt confusing to me since sometimes I rely mostly on the vocals to tell me about the story of the game.

The Final Outcome:

Muramasa The Demon Blade deserves a 9 out of 10. This game is one of the very few good Wii games that are out in America right now. So if you have 20 bucks, I suggest spending it on a used copy of Muramasa. As long as you like Role Playing and Sword fighting, you will love this game.

Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:53 pm