View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Seafoam Gaming!

You can see all of the reviews here without being a member, so don't worry about missing out! If you want to give me feedback or share your thoughts though, feel free to register!

Make sure to follow our rules at seafoam-gaming-rules-updated-4-11-2015-t6.html and have a nice day!

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire review
Fan of all games

Post Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire review
System: GameBoy Advance
ESRB Rating: Everyone
Score: 8.5/10
Reviewer: Luna1997

The Story:

You start out in the vast region of Hoenn. Little do you know about the creatures called Pokemon until you encounter Professor Birch and a Poocheyena. After choosing your Pokemon, your long and perilous journey begins.

The Good:

New Pokemon: In this region, there were some pretty cool new Pokemon. The ones I loved were Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Plusle, Minun, etc. There were so many loveable Pokemon in this game that I have such a long list of them!

New Story: The story was a little different this time. Teams Aqua and Magma were introduced, plus there were new Gym Leaders and new Elite Four members, like every other Pokemon game.

The Bad:

Too many Pokemon?: To be honest, there are a lot of Pokemon. I remember not being able to catch all... 396, was it? At least there wasn't almost 500.

The same goal, again: You'd think after 3 regions, the goal would change. It's just that with every new region, the goal gets harder to beat. Capture all of the Pokemon... I'm not going to waste all my time going to Pokemon events and rechecking every area in the game just to capture 396 Pokemon. But as they say... If you truly want to beat the game, you gotta catch em' all.

The Final Outcome:

Hoenn wasn't better than Kanto or Johto. But seeing this game made me grab it off the shelf because of the Groudon or Kyogre on the package. I still remember that day quite well, the day I really got into my favorite Pokemon game. Since this game was my favorite Pokemon game from my childhood, I had to give this game an 8.5 out of 10.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:59 pm