View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Seafoam Gaming!

You can see all of the reviews here without being a member, so don't worry about missing out! If you want to give me feedback or share your thoughts though, feel free to register!

Make sure to follow our rules at seafoam-gaming-rules-updated-4-11-2015-t6.html and have a nice day!

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness Review
Fan of all games

Post Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness Review
System: Nintendo DS
ESRB Rating: Everyone
Score: 7.5/10

The Story:

So you're a human who turns into a Pokemon. You encounter another Pokemon who becomes a friend of yours. Then the two of you go on an adventure together. While I liked this game better than Red Mystery Dungeon, I honestly dislike the Mystery Dungeon series.

The Good:

Story: I felt the story of the game was pretty good, and not confusing, like how some other Pokemon games have been. I'm also glad that this Pokemon game actually has a plot, because I remember a couple of Pokemon games that I never felt had a plot. The story of the game was the main reason I kept playing the game.

New Dungeons: I'm glad they added new dungeons. I didn't really want to go through the same dungeons from the last game.

New Starter Pokemon: There are a couple of new results that you can get from the test that you take to determine your starter Pokemon. At first, I got Piplup. Then I believe I got Squirtle. There are a couple of new ones though, that I wasn't able to get.

The Bad:

They talk... Again: I never liked the talking Pokemon. I would rather have a human talk than some creature.

Easy Dungeons: To be honest, the dungeons were too easy in this game compared to the last game. In the last game, there was one dungeon that had pretty much 100 floors that I never got through. In this game, the last dungeon that had the group of Pokemon that you had to beat only had like 20 floors. This was dissapointing.

Stupid Pokemon: The Pokemon that accompany you end up being really stupid. They'll use Protect twice in a row for no reason, even when Protect is already activated. Of course I disliked this.

The Final Outcome:

I give the game 7.5/10. I like the other Pokemon games better. But this one was okay.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:33 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness Review
I just reread it again and I agree with you, PMD TD is not as good as the first one or Sky. Hopefully the 3DS PMD will change that

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:21 pm