View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Seafoam Gaming!

You can see all of the reviews here without being a member, so don't worry about missing out! If you want to give me feedback or share your thoughts though, feel free to register!

Make sure to follow our rules at seafoam-gaming-rules-updated-4-11-2015-t6.html and have a nice day!

Paper Mario review
Fan of all games

Post Paper Mario review
System: Nintendo 64 (Also available for Virtual Console on Nintendo Wii!)
Score: 9/10
Reviewer: Amanda (Manders xD)

The Story:

Mario's world is now revamped with a papery kinda feel! Princess Peach has yet again been kidnapped by Bowser (What a shock...), and Mario has to save her. Bowser has obtained the power of the Star rod, and he is now unstoppable. So what will Mario do to beat Bowser in this tale? He will encounter many new friends, enemys, and he will meet stars who will help him get the Star rod back and defeat Bowser.

The Good:

Graphics: For a Nintendo 64 game, this game has some pretty impressive graphics. The papery effect for the background, characters, and obstacles is pretty cool, and if you are a huge Mario fan, these graphics may even remind you of the graphics from the first Mario game, except a little more updated than the first game.

It's an RPG!?!: Yerp, you heard me. This game is an RPG. I love RPGs so much, and when my brother was recommending Role Playing Games to me, I was surprised when he mentioned Paper Mario. Paper Mario is definitely a great RPG, especially for those new to RPGs.

Battle System: To be honest, the battle system reminds me of one from Final Fantasy games. I really like Final Fantasy battle systems, so I was glad to find that same battle system in Paper Mario.

The Bad:

The Storyline: The Storyline is pretty much the same storyline from other Mario games. Bowser abducts Peach, Mario goes out to save her, he saves her in the end, and then the game is over. I was glad that there were new characters and that Bowser actually had a weapon (the infamous Star rod) instead of having Bowser just come over and kidnap Peach and not be stopped immediately. The new characters made the game more interesting, and I didn't put my controller down as quickly as I did with other Mario titles.

The Final Outcome:

If you are a fan of the Mario games, or you want to play a good RPG, then you should definitely pick up Paper Mario today. It definitely deserves the 9/10 score I gave it.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:18 pm